12 October 2011

Multi-component list adapters.

I've decided to work on making my GUI look better so I set up a test project with the express purpose of messing about with different layouts whilst trying to comply with best practices for GUI efficiency as described in the android reference documents. The GUI looks as follows.

Each list item contains an ImageView on the left which is an anchor for a TextView to it's right, which in turn is an anchor for the TextView title which is above. There is no problem displaying this purely in a RelativeLayout, however when it comes to adding this kind of layout to a ListActivity I seem to be running in to trouble. I'm only able to set the text in one of the two boxes. I think the answer lies with creating a custom Adapter class for seeding the ListView.

No comments:

Post a Comment