15 October 2011

Android market update

I was in the middle of a post about what I'm currently coding at the minute, which shall be posted soon and I thought I'd give a quick update about my Lotto Results app that I uploaded a couple of days ago. So I decided to post a completely separate update for it.

According to the android developer console, so far I have had 75 total installs, 53 of which are actively installed. If I use the percentage of people who have installed my app and not uninstalled it having deemed it not worth using, I have a success rate of 73.9% which is not too bad at all.

Other stats include that the most of the users are using Android 2.3.3+ at 60.4%, Android 2.2 is second at 26.4% and Android 2.1 is only 11% of the user base. The last 2.2% is made up of a combination of Android 2.3, Android 3.0 and Android 3.1.


Mobile Devices by percentage of installs.

RankDeviceUser Share
1Samsung Galaxy S215.1%
2HTC Desire S11.3%
3HTC Desire11.3%
4HTC Wildfire S9.4%
5Samsung Galaxy Ace7.5%
6HTC Sensation 4G5.7%
7SEMC Xperia X85.7%
8HTC Wildfire3.8%
9Samsung Galaxy Mini3.8%
10Samsung Galaxy S3.8%

As can be seen in the the above table, 15.1% of installs were on a Samsung Gallaxy S2, with 11.3% of installs on HTC Desire S and HTC Desire each. HTC Wildfire S has 9.3% and Samsung Galaxy Ace has 7.3%. This gives me a lot of important information about what kind of screen size I am deploying to which will help me further in designing my user interface.

I would like to publish an update with the ticket checking functionality as soon as possible, so that hopefully I will be able to get more downloads and increase my install/uninstall ratio further.

No comments:

Post a Comment