1 October 2011

Lotto results web page parser integrated!

It's been a long day of coding and I'm going to call it a night after I update this blog. I've got the formatting of the results all sorted out by splitting the strings on regular expressions. I've also integrated the web page parser in to the app now and I've sorted out the activity permissions so everything is working with in the emulator.

Next on the list of things to do is to thread the parsing of the results page so that the GUI will not freeze up. It doesn't currently freeze on the emulator, but because of the difference in hardware for mobile phones it may freeze on a slower device.

There are only a few components I need to implement before I start testing everything.

  • The Lotto checker activity
  • The List of previous results
  • Utilization of threads
  • Graphics update, making the app look pretty.

I'm going to have to brain storm about how I'm going to be able to pull off old results for the old results list. Unfortunately I won't be able to get them from the source I'm getting my current ones from which makes things a little bit more tricky. We'll see. I love Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment