4 October 2011

Entering in your ticket. Designing a GUI.

Today I by started by designing a system for entering in the numbers on your lotto ticket to check against the results but I'm finding it difficult to decide on what form of input and layout to use. I'm currently looking at using a number picker widget, however I'd have to write a new layout for each type of game. The number picker widget not only allows you to scroll through a list of numbers, but it allows you to enter numbers in to the box manually using the keyboard as input. The range of numbers can be restricted. This seems like a simple enough method of entering details of a lotto ticket, then based on which game type, a new layout can be loaded which has the details regarding how many numbers pickers will be required in a row. The following is an example of the number picker widget I'm looking at.

In other news, I've fixed a bunch of formatting issues with the lotto feed and I've implemented the algorithm for pulling the results for both the Euro Millions and All Or Nothing results, I did a bit of testing on a couple of different emulators and deployed the app on my archos. I decided to make the font double the size and it's now at an acceptable size for reading on both smart phones and tablets. I'm going to register a developer account and maybe upload it to the android market tomorrow for free. There's not a lot of content at the minute, because it only functions as a feed for the results, but if it gets approved I can update it with more functionality the next couple of days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment