5 October 2011

Addition of a results class

Today I decided it would be best to add a class for storing and checking the results. This way all of the results for a game can be passed through with the intent for opening the ticket checker GUI. For this to be possible the Results class had to use the serializable interface. Contained in the Results class are methods for comparing a string of lotto results to the results contained with in the instance of the Results class. The method returns the number of matching numbers. This makes the implementation of the Ticket Checker GUI a lot more straight forward now since most of the functionality for comparing the numbers for each game type has now been implemented. All I need to do now is implement a way of entering in numbers and I can begin testing.

Once I'm finished testing, I'm toying with the idea of integrating some form of map functionality which will display all of the lotto retailers in Ireland so a user can find the nearest point to where he/she can cash their lotto ticket in. Of course I'll have to find a list of retailers first, but I don't think this will be too much work and it allows me to jump in to the geo location side of things which interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment