11 November 2011

First week in new job!

Last Monday I started a new job with Realex Payments as an Integration and Support Analyst. It has been an exciting week becoming familiar with my new role in the company, but unfortunately I hadn't had much time to work on my android projects lately. My weekday consists of an early start out in Monkstown which involves an hour of sitting in traffic every morning. After work after about another hour of sitting in traffic I battle falling asleep on the couch at home, so I'm usually too tired to work on projects in the evening. I do however have weekends off which is new to me, because of my previous job. I plan to make full use of this perk and get some solid development time in on the weekends that I now have off.

This weekend I'm planning on getting the back end of the app set up with a few classes for storing information about different things. I'll do a bit of reading tonight so that I'll be ready to get stuck in tomorrow and hopefully I'll have something worth adding to the project by tomorrow night.

Also, a quick stats update for the lotto checker app. I'm currently at 1859 installs and 1461 active installs. This is a 78.59% success rate with users, and my impression would be that a lot of UK users probably download my app due to the fact that it is featured in the top 30 in the productivity section of the android market with out realising that it is targeted at Irish users for Irish lotto results. I'll have a look at the UK lotto website and see if that may be something to incorporate in to the next iteration of that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment