23 November 2011

Menus and dialogs

So, now that I have my transaction database set up, it's time to add the functionality for adding transactions to the database. The way I envisage doing this is by adding a menu that the user can select an icon to add or delete a transaction. The menu option the user selects will pop up a dialog that the user can then enter in the details of the transaction they wish to add. For deleting a transaction the user can maybe then enter the id of the transaction or else select from a list of transactions they wish to delete. Upon pressing the back or enter button, the fuel tab should then be refreshed to update the transaction list.

So far tonight, I've manage to get the menu implemented, and a number of methods that pop up a dialog when a menu item is selected. There are currently place holder assets for the menu icons which need to be changed. Now it's just a matter of designing the input dialog layout and sanitising the input, and adding the sanitised input to the database. I'll probably get the input dialog designed by the time I'm done tonight, but I think I'll leave the sanitisation for another day because it's a much bigger job that requires me to be completely focused. I'm making good progress.

In other news, I was able to sign up for internet banking today which means that my google wallet account has been verified which means I can start charging money for apps. I'm not planning on charging for anything quite at the minute, but based on how much of an app I've got by the deadline I've set myself and how much functionality I can provide a user with beyond that I might decide to place a charge on a premium version of my Driver Tools app as I had originally stated in the concept blog post. Nothing has been decided yet however and it will be initially be released for free regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment