4 November 2011

Driver Tools

I've decided to get back in action developing apps with a brand new app. The reason I'm starting on a new app while I'm still testing and publishing updates for my last app is because I'm starting a new job on Monday which involves driving across town quite a distance every morning and then back again in the evening. I want to develop a driver tools app which will log fuel economy over time and it will contain a bunch of other tools for a driver to be able to adapt their driving style for a more economic drive. I feel this tool will be useful to me in the upcoming weeks as I drive to work.

Some of the things I would like the app to feature are graphing of fuel economy over time, tire pressure calculators and wheel size stats, route tracker which compares different routes on fuel economy and individual car profiles. This will mean that I'll be using APIs such as the GPS API and the databases API which is a side to android I have not yet used.

I've got an idea for the user interface design. I'm going to tab each of the functionality activities in tabs which I'm using this tutorial for. The methodology I'm going to approach this project with will be heavily orientated around good user interface design, robustness and security. I am also going to create two versions of this app, one of which will be free with ads the other will contain a bit more functionality and will not contain ads. I'll divided up the functionality and decide on how much I'll release for free once I've I'm in beta testing and I think I might release a beta on the market and update it until it is at an acceptable level of functionality to release a premium version.

In other news, my lotto checker app surpassed 1280 installs with just over 1000 active users today.

No comments:

Post a Comment