19 November 2011

Database amendments and custom adapter debugging

This morning, I have made a number of amendments a couple of the classes which include the adding of a method for setting the date to the Transaction class. Currently the constructor for the Transaction class sets the '_transactionDate' field to the current date which means that the new setDate method is useful for if I simply want to use the Transaction class for storing information about a transaction that has been pulled from the database. This helped me fix a bug where the date was not displaying correctly in the graph in the stats tab. I have also added a "getDisplayDate()" method which returns the date of that transaction object as a formatted string which is a conversion of the "_transactionDate" field which is an epoch.

I have also added a method to the to the database adapter class which returns a linked list of transactions from the database which makes it easier for adding data to the user interface, as before I had a method that returned a cursor which contained all of the information from the database that was queried. Other small changes include an updated graph which uses actual information from the database. It currently looks like the following.




As you can see some changes need to be made to the visuals, however most of that are very minor changes and the core bones of the app is in place for more functionality to be added. Next on the list will be a for a user to be able to scroll up and down the table of transactions and a menu for the fuel tab that will add a new activity to the stack for a user to enter in a new fuel transaction. Last on the list is the sorting out the user interface, but I do want to get that done before I move on to something else. I don't want to let all of the work in debugging the user interface stack up on me because it will slow things right down.

As for the deadline I have set myself, I think I'm making good progress to be done in time for the date I set myself. Even though I only really have time on the weekends, last week I tried to do a small bit of coding when I got home from work and I managed that. Hopefully I'll be able to increase the amount of time I spend coding more and more over the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment