4 December 2011

New Laptop

I've finally got a working computer of my own again. I've been sharing a computer since I spilled coffee on my laptop during the last week of college, and after that I had been using a number of old PC's that were seriously useless for developing on. After getting eclipse set up on my new machine, installing the Android sdk, installing the ADT plugin and then transferring all of the projects in the workspace I had before, I was able to get back to work.

With a week left until the deadline I had set myself and being unable to work on this project yesterday due to a serious hangover, I've set myself a mini goal for tonight.

My goal for tonight is simply to finish off the functionality for deleting transactions from the list. After that if I have time I'm going to work on an expandable graphical user interface for viewing more data about each transaction, which should make the GUI much prettier and less congested.

When transferring the projects from one pc to another, I had an issue with there being no data in the database on the new emulator. When it came to drawing data on a graph, the whole app started to hang, so I'm either going to have to include some check to make sure there is data to draw if an attempt is made by a user to graph something. I also might include some kind of initial process for a user to follow where by the user has to select their car and add information about the mileage upon opening the app up for the first time. I'll come up with a more solid plan and design for doing this later on in the week. It's now time to get coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment