7 December 2011

Deadline pushed back by one week

I've decided to push back the deadline that I gave myself by one week due to a number of factors. The first being that I was out of action last Saturday and then on Sunday I only had the guts of half a day to work on the project whilst I re-set up my development environment on a new laptop. Also, this week I've been busy taking on three separate web development projects, two of which involved teaching basic HTML and CSS to some web-dev students who were falling way behind, and the third being a website I'm currently working on for a swimming club. I'm currently finished with the web dev tutoring, and only the third project remains

The swimming club project only involves installing, configuring and styling Joomla, however there are some configuration issues with the web server the clients have which is a shared hosting solution. The issues that I'm having stem from the fact that they don't have the right version of php installed, which means I'll have to get on to their support team to maybe see if they can install php version 5.3 or later. If they can't do that I'm looking at some major work in trying to get Joomla 1.5 set up, and I haven't even begun trying to solve that bundle of problems.

Anyway, I'll be focusing on the joomla project for the remainder of the week, and possibly this weekend I'll get back in with some solid development on the driver tools app. Hopefully by the 18th December I'll have something to publish, or maybe before. There's not all that much left to do for the first level of functionality, so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment