18 December 2011

Deadline status update.

Today is the deadline I set for a releasable version of this project. The app is divided in to four parts. It has a tool for logging fuel transactions, a tool for picking and displaying information about your car, a tool for displaying information graphically about a user's driving habits and a tyre section for optimising wheel size and tyre pressure for maximum performance and economy. So far I have a beta version of the transaction and graphing tools and as as of tonight I can say that the car picker tool is now out of alpha and in to beta. The tyre pressure calculator can be done at a later point, and I'm not all that concerned about that for the minute.

The app in it's current state could be released on the market, however the styling of the app is not currently at the level of that which was originally envisaged and as a result of this fact I will not release the app to the market yet.

Currently all of the core functionality for in the beta version of the app has been implemented, but before I release it I would like to include google ads and goolge analytics and then clean up the interface to make it look as good as it can. So to summarise, the app functionality requirements have mostly been met but I will not be releasing the app just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment