9 January 2012

Lotto Checker stats, now with analytics results!

It's been an interesting few days with the inclusion of google analytics, however downloads is quickly approaching the 5000 marks, and with the inclusion of google analytics I now have a better idea of how people are using the app. The first day I updated my app to include analytics I saw that on Saturday 746 people started my app, with 452 on Sunday. I updated the app on Friday, so I would imagine that a lot of these hits were due to people checking out the app to see if there was anything new. I will have to observe the numbers over a longer sample period to gauge the weekly trends. It will be interesting to see next weekend and on Wednesday if the trend matches this Weekends usage, as the Irish lotto games are on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I'm also looking at the pages that people are viewing. There were a total number of 1872 pages tracked on Saturday night, 778 of which were Lotto. An interesting observation is that my app has had more page view tracks than this blog has had in the number of months I've been posting to it. There were quire a large number of Lotto checks on Sunday as well at 498, probably because people might have resorted to checking numbers the day after the draw.

One of the most interesting parts of google analytics is the way in which you can present the data. The live data tracker is also quite impressive, where you can witness page events being tracked in real time on a sliding graph. It also gives you insight in to how many users were on the app at any given time.

I'm going to get back developing my Driver Tools app this week and try and get some debugging done on the graph information. There are a number of other design features I would like to review also, however I can't think of them at the minute. I'll have an update later on in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment