3 January 2012

Google analytics update and saving sessions. Back in the game!

These past two weeks that I've had off for Christmas have been the longest period of time that I've taken off work in the last 3 years. I didn't expect to enjoy doing literally nothing productive over the course of my time off, however it happened. I think I needed the break. I've had enough of doing nothing for now anyway, and I suppose my time away from development gave me a bit of time to think about the approach I was taking for this app.

I opened up a Claude Debussy playlist on iTunes and started coding again tonight and managed to get Google analytics working. I'm currently only tracking three pages, however once I decide on what exactly it is that I'm going to track, then I'll include more. Other changes include the addition of an abstract class for handling all of the session data. This is also used for tracking various pages. It's an abstract class with a number of variables which are encapsulated to make everything nice and tidy. The only other variable it stores for the minute about the session is the ID of the selected car. It also saves this to the app's settings upon creating and destroying the app.

I made a few slight changes to the database adapter, to include a function for getting all of the transactions for the currently selected car in the session. So that now it only shows all of the transactions and stats for the selectd car. I may include a feature to show the spending across all cars at a later point.

Also, happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment