19 September 2011

First project!

After a good weekend of Rugby,Moto GP and GAA I guess it's time to actually get down to business. I'm going to kick start this thing off with a project that I've been thinking of doing for a while. There's a handy little tool for checking your lotto numbers on the lotto.ie website. The tool allows you to enter in the numbers you have on your lotto ticket, it then checks the numbers against the winning numbers and tells you how much you've won.

My project involves the recreation of this lotto checking functionality as an android ap. I would first like to develop this ap as a means of familiarizing myself with the basics of Android development which shouldn't be too difficult as I have quite a bit of experience with J2ME.

Once the initial functionality has been implemented I will look in to what image processing frameworks and api's there are available for android and see if it's possible to implement a system where you can simply take a picture of your lotto ticket instead of manually entering in all of your numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment