26 September 2011

Progress

After about a week I've finally got back to messing about with Android. I'm still making my way through the tutorials, developer documentation and sample source code but I feel like I'm making some progress. I've just bought a second hand Archos 101 (android 2.3.1) tablet from a previous college lecturer which I will use as a test device.

Obviously when developing for a tablet there are some things you have to consider, for instance the larger screen. I think I can use this to my advantage by ensuring the gui I create is robust and will work well on multiple devices. All of the tutorials so far that I have gone through implement the GUI using XML which will aid development of this app across different phones.

I've also got my hands on a book called "Starting Android Tablet Application Development" which is aimed at people beginning developing with Android. I've only really had a glace through the first couple of pages of the book, and what I've read so far has been more insightful than the Android documentation. I have to say I'm looking forward to really getting in to this project now.

No comments:

Post a Comment