21 September 2011

Android fundamentals

I've been reading for a bit and I like the way Android operates. The activity tasks and back stack and the activity life cycle is something I will probably find myself coming back to look at in the future. The more I read the more I'm finding it similar to J2ME which is a good thing.

The four main component classes that you extend (Activities, Services, Content Providers and Broadcast Recievers) will make the design a lot easier and the ap better structured. For now I can see the use of both the Activity and Service classes and later on if I want to integrate some kind of image processing element I forsee the use of the Broadcast Receiver. I'm looking at code examples now whilst I make my way through the documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment